Retreat to a country hall hotel with beautiful gardens near Shrewsbury
Radio Times in association with Secret Escapes - up to 60% off hotels & holidays
Access and book our deals using just your email
up to -51% today
Superior Double room
An 18th-century manor house on the outskirts of Shrewsbury, with a lake and spa – includes breakfast, plus optional dinner and spa treatment
- The beautiful country retreat of Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel & Spa is set in an 18th-century manor house, within beautifully kept grounds complete with an ornamental lake. These delightfully calming views provide the perfect backdrop to some stress-free time on a country getaway.
- The Oak Room Restaurant earns its name from the original oak-panel fireplaces that decorate the walls. Here, you can enjoy a varied menu which incorporates the best of the season's ingredients over dinner, and a sumptuous breakfast each morning. The 1630 Bar is a casual spot for a light bite, or a drink, and is open from midday.
- The spa here boasts a sauna, salon and solarium, while you can also float your cares away in the indoor heated pool or sink into the bubbling Jacuzzi. For fitness, you'll find a fully equipped gym and dance studio.
- Indoor pool
- Beauty salon
How to get there
The hotel is reachable from London via the M40, and sits just off the A49. Birmingham is less than an hour away via the M54, with Coventry and Northampton a little further along.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Join now for free
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.