Feel grand at a historic Durham country house in a deer park
up to -46% today
Standard Double room
Standard Twin room
Escape to a Grade II listed property set in a tranquil country deer park near Durham - includes breakfast, late check-out and dinner options
- Whitworth Hall Hotel is a Grade II listed country house packed with character and beautifully set in a peaceful, 73-acre deer park; wander the grounds to discover a stunning formal garden and a serene ornamental lake.
- The characterful Library Restaurant is located in the oldest part of the house and offers an a la carte menu for breakfast and dinner - perfect for feasting on delicious fare after a day of sightseeing.
- After a day exploring the North East, you have a homely room to come back to at this TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence-winner. The 29 guest rooms are individually appointed and feature plush, classic décor.
- Deer park
How to get there
Whitworth Hall Hotel is set in a 73-acre deer park just south of Durham city. It's easily accessible from the A1 and M1 roads and situated just nine miles from Durham train station. The nearest airport is Newcastle, 22 miles away.
Good to know
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.